Public Relations - Appointing Firework to handle our external tone of voice and online PR
I have spent the last 8 years ranking our website highly in Google for a number of relevant keywords. We spend a lot of time and effort on this and our site performs very well. It's not just about technical SEO, it's about people talking about you, linking back, discussing how good we are, why we win awards etc etc and I've previously managed all this myself with our team in-house at Shape.
To take us to the next level, we sent a brief out to PR Agencies in the North West to pitch to work with us. We met with a few but made an instant connection with Clare and Andrea at Firework PR in Cheshire.
Why did we need a PR Agency?
- Our previous focus was SEO related - not client focused
- Time is very limited, I don't have time to do everything
- I'm not an Expert in PR
- I don't personal connections with journalists in the right positions at the right publications
Why did we choose Firework?
- I'm straight talking, quite loud sometimes, tell bad jokes, I'm informal - we had fun and laughed in the first meeting
- They have experience in the right areas
- The approach was different to other agencies
- I like the size of the company
- Their location isn't a million miles from us (also convenient because we have lots of clients in Cheshire and want this to grow).
- They instantly understood our position and what was needed
- They explained everything to me in a simple way for me to understand
- They were firm in their beliefs
I look forward to working with Firework and seeing where this journey takes MadeByShape.